Friday, December 31, 2010

3, 2, "1.1.11"

Maintain balance... Move things forward...

And, we're off...

Scanning friends' posts on Facebook tonight, I see lots of resolutions, reflections and steps toward what "we" believe we can become.

As for me, my life is increasingly dedicated to simplicity, and with that dedication, my vision of what I believe I will become has increasingly sharpened.

If I have any resolution for 2011, it is to maintain my path, along these simple principles for living a full, functional life:

  • Respect your family above all else.
  • Value yourself greatly in all things.
  • Actively prepare yourself for change.
    • Constantly push your mind; continue your education.
    • Eat well and exercise; work to maintain your body's abilities. 
  • Do what you love to do, honestly.

Enjoy the New Year.  I wish you well, and peace.

----------
The WOD blog:

I took a week off from blogging, but continued to CrossFit, doing several of the WODs from CrossFit.com, as well as several from CrossFitCP.com, and a couple that I designed.

Oh, and I also accepted an invitation to coach a second CrossFit class at CrossFit Cedar Park!  I am very excited and honored to be chosen to help people on their path to their best fitness.  The friends I have made and coaching I have received there has certainly helped me.  Starting January 10th, I'll have M-W-F at  5:15 a.m. at 609 Whitestone in Cedar Park and then I'll boogie to the other location for my 6:30 a.m. class.

Here is a WOD The Rabbit and I did this morning:

2 rounds: 

Row 750m, then
12 Power Cleans (185 lbs.) 

It took me 8:47, not impressive.

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year, and thanks for continuing to be a reminder and an example. My best to the Cowgirl and to Mrs. Potato Head, too.

    ReplyDelete