Monday, January 17, 2011

Revolution <--> Trevolution <--> Evolution <--> Teacher?



And for my next act, "teacher."

As of this week, I am back in school, getting a Masters degree in Curriculum and Instruction, along with a teaching certificate. Yep, I am going to be a teacher.

I couldn't be more excited. Honestly.

As I've mentioned to my friends, I look at life like a river. We steer the best we can, but we are at least in part, at the whim of the power of the river's currents, depths, eddys and obstacles (including our fellow travelers!).

This is the next stop for me, and it is a good one. Most of you who know me know that even though I've tried cases that went to the Lousiana Supreme Court, outside of the law itself, I don't much care for the practice. My talents lie elsewhere, and teaching makes sense.

I'll still coach CrossFit at CrossFit Cedar Park (because I friggin' LOVE IT!), but professionally, I'll be putting my law degree in the closet and taking on something I consider much, much more important and rewarding.

----
WOD LOG

Ugh, I hurt my foot late last week and had to boogie out of town to new student orientation, so I had a layoff of several days.  I was back at it today and I had a ball watching the energy flowing from all of our coaches who will be competing in upcoming events this spring.

Today, I did a Back Squat Progression and then "Tabata Something Else".  Probably not the best idea to do squats before tabata squats from a competitive score standpoint, but like I said, I've been off for a couple of days and feel the need to get back at it -- HARD!

"Tabata" is an 8 round workout.  Each round is a total of 30 seconds; twenty seconds of work and ten seconds of rest (8 rounds = a four minute workout).  Don't laugh until you do it... Trust me.

"Tabata Something Else" is a WOD that starts with "Tabata Pull Ups" then goes immediately to "Tabata Push Ups", then immediately to "Tabata Sit-ups", then immediately to "Tabata Squats."  Yes, eight full rounds of one exercise (i.e. - burnout/failure) before moving to the next exercise for a total of 16 minutes.

It was a blast....

If you are in the Austin area and want to try out CrossFit, please contact us!  I coach a 5:15 a.m. and 6:30 a.m. class and we are starting to fill up, so come check it out.  We'd love to introduce you to this whirlwind...

3-2-1...GEAUX!!!

OH - and a BIG P.S. of THANK YOU for the kind comments after my last post.  I took a week away from posting just so I could click back on my blog and be humbled again.  Honestly --- those were probably the nicest words I've ever had spoken of me, and completely unexpected.

No comments:

Post a Comment