Friday, December 10, 2010


It's that time of year, isn't it?  Everywhere, people, signs, songs, symbols and stores (however unfortunate) are encouraging us to "believe".  But, "believe" in what, exactly?

"Believe in me..."
"Help me believe in anything..."
"Cuz I want to be someone who believes, yeah...."

--- A. Duritz (Counting Crows)

Yesterday, in my first blog post, I was being a bit sly when I said I had the desire and opportunity to make a difference in one person's life and that I would not fail them.  That "one person" I was talking about?  It was me.  I have to start with me.  You have to start with you.

Each of us is bigger than we realize.  We can't even begin to fathom our own strength (or our "power" for that matter, but we'll save that discussion for another day (smile, CrossFitters!)).

So, some 20 years later, I still like your song, Mr. Duritz, but piss off.  I will not believe in just "anything" -- I believe in "something"...

I believe in "me".

----
Yesterday's WOD:
  • 21-18-15-12-9 reps of:
    • Power snatch (115#)
    • Wall-balls (20#)
    • Knees-to-elbows
  • Time:  16:22 - Rx
(for those not familiar with CrossFit, "WOD" = "Workout of the Day", and "Rx" means "as prescribed" by the person who wrote the workout)

1 comment:

  1. Love the blog! You are one of the top most interesting people in Cedar Park.

    ReplyDelete