Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Chasing the Rabbit...

I think I mentioned in my post yesterday that earlier this year, I lost 40 pounds doing CrossFit and following the Paleo diet.  My story is sort of similar to many so I won't bore you with the details, but it goes like this:  "I was a fat boy who got inspired and got after it"...and it worked.  One of the main reasons it worked is because I'm surrounded by some incredibly smart and capable athletes who support and challenge one another to be the best they can be --- In a sense, their strength is mine, and visa versa.

I refer to one of the guys I have grown closer to on this journey as "The Rabbit".  The guy can go all damn day, and I always look for his scores first when I finish a workout because I know that he pushes hard all the way through.  He's younger and faster than I am, but I'm probably stronger than he is, and on balance, we are often competitive (I say "often" because many times, I'm definitely a 39 year old in a 25 year old's world).

Today, The Rabbit nearly broke my spirit.  We did a WOD at separate locations and I thought I had a pretty good time (right at 8 minutes) until I heard his time (5:34).  This was a workout I felt should have been competitive, and it wasn't --- or so I thought.  It turned out we followed different weight requirements for the workout (mine was a good bit heavier), so I was relieved...

My nearly busted pride gets to ride another rodeo, so you'd better boogie on, Mr. Rabbit -- the old dog is still in the hunt...


------------

Yesterday's WOD
  • Team WODs (Holly Jolly Challenge 2010 -- CrossFit Cedar Park )
    • 6 rounds:
      • 10 push ups
      • 10 sit ups
      • 10 squats
    • Suicides
      • 4 tennis courts, full length, consecutive
    • Bleacher / HS-Holds
      • 20 rounds
        • 6 bleacher jumps up (2 steps per jump up)
        • 12 bleacher steps down (1 step at a time down)
      • 6 minutes total
        • 30 seconds Hand-Stand Hold
        • 30 seconds rest

No comments:

Post a Comment