Saturday, December 11, 2010

"The Best At Exercising"



So...that clip makes me laugh.

It especially makes me laugh because I do/coach CrossFit at CrossFit Cedar Park (Texas).  And being a CrossFitter pretty much means that no matter how much I might remind my friend Kip of Kenny Powers (thanks, a**hole) I actually do want to be the best "at exercising".

One of the things I love about CrossFit is that it is varied, meaning you can't train just one thing because you never really know what is next. CrossFit actually even encourages people to reach outside of the paramenters of "CrossFit" and try new sports.  Yesterday, I tried Bikram Yoga for the first time.  105 degrees of bliss....until we got started.  Seriously.  That stuff is hard.  I can't wait to do it again soon... "Yoga only" doesn't fulfill my definition of "fitness", but it absolutely has a place in my overall vision of what I want for my fitness, and my health.

Anyway, oh yeah, my friends Mike, Carson and Liz are competing in the All Cities Open in Dallas this weekend with many of the region's premier CrossFitters.  Kick butt you guys -- I think y'all just might be the best exercisers I know. Other than me, of course.

-----

Yesterday's WOD:

3 sets of 10 -- bodyweight backsquat (245#)
Tabata** push ups
90 minutes of Bikram yoga

**"Tabata" is crossfit lingo for As Many Reps As Possible ("AMRAP") in 8 rounds of 20 seconds of work, 10 seconds of rest (total of 4 minutes).

No comments:

Post a Comment