Saturday, December 18, 2010

Change...

"She drank from a cup that said "DRINK ME"
And she grew up so tall.
She ate from a plate that said "EAT ME"
And she shrank down so small.
So Alice changed, while other folks
Never tried nothing at all."

--- source:  Shel Silverstein, Where the Sidewalk Ends

I realize I'm not really profound. Or epic. Or rad. I don't really say much that hasn't been said before.

But I'm on a path. And sometimes, my path turns and I have to be prepared for what will be profound change. I'm at one of those points right now.

Today's picture is of a piece of the Berlin Wall that now stands in front of the London War Museum. I posed for a photo standing right next to that concrete block almost 20 years ago after I finished college and was preparing to head off to law school.

Today, I stand in front of that concrete block again, with another huge educational and career change on the immediate horizon. I look forward to the challenges, the experiences and the full sensation of being really alive that comes through growth, and change.

Just another step forward in this fully functional life...

----------

Yesterday's WOD

OLY LIFTING (!!!) at 5:30 a.m.

Snatch: 6 sets x 3 reps
3 Position Cleans: 6 sets x 3 reps
Back Squats: 4 sets x 5 reps

2 mile run at 3:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment