Wednesday, December 22, 2010

MEAT!


I built a smokehouse ealier in the spring and have been tweaking it, one brisket at a time, to get it smoking right. Tonight, I'm working on a brisket for my good friend David's birthday (tomorrow).

The good news is that brisket is in line with the paleo diet, so I can smoke these suckers as often as I please...

Paleo: Lots of meats and vegetables, some fruits and nuts, a rare starch, no processed sugars, no grains. I also take a fish oil supplement, cook with good oils (coconut) and take a vitamin D supplement. It's pretty easy, really.

I'll admit that getting over the hump of breaking free of grains takes a little while, but it gets easier over time -- and the reality is you know you want the meat anyway...

PS - If you work at CrossFit Cedar Park, be especially nice to David.  I'll be dropping off the brisket at 11:30ish, and since it is his birthday, he'll be doing the cutting...

----------

Yesterday's WOD:  The 12 Days of CrossFit
I'm not going to disclose the movements today because I designed and tested it yesterday to share with my Friday morning crew at 6:30 a.m. (you know, the whole "unknown and unknowable" thing).

It took me 18:40 -- great "chipper" WOD in the spirit of the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment